Monday, April 18, 2005

Price Negotiation !!!!

Today I went to the university to pass some papers to my friend in the Cambus .. after having some chit chat about the upcoming exam next tuesday and trying to guess some of the questions ( just like other Normal students ) I returned back to my car to see that there is a big spot underneath my car .. and some thing is leaking from the car .. is it water !! ? is it oil ?? the only thing am sure of that it is not Blood :P

Any way by using my experiece ( smelling the fluid :) ) I discovred that it is the green water of the radiator .. ( the part which is in charged for cooling the engine ) Now am in trouble it is leaking and itis 2 oclock in Muscat which mean the weather is very HOT and the part which is incharge for cooling the car is not workign .. what a luck !! ..

i waited till 4 oclock till the weather become little bit cooler and till the shops open so i can drive directly to them ..when i reach there the technician told me that the hose which is delivering the water is leaking so it need to be changed i was Duhh .. ok how much it will cost .. he said " I dont know since I dont sell parts I only fix them , I will buy it then you can come by 8 oclock and pay me for parts and for fixing them " I asked him to change the air filter and something else that seem to be worn of ( am so illiterate when it comes to cars ) ..

When I came at 9 everythign was done and the Car was not leaking any more .. I was really happy about that .. when i asked " and how much everythign cost me Boss " he said " the parts + fixing them plus washing them cost you 44 Rial " I was like hmm good price isnt it I was preparing to pay around 70 I've even withdraw them from the ATM... but i said lets try to shake it .. i said " Oh common why is that !! it is only a hose !!! " he said yeah but the fixing thing and the hose and ..." "Common this is really TOO much " i said .. after few attemps the price fall to 32 !!! Do you belive that .. 12 Rial reduction in the price which is around 25% of the original price ..

what do you think about this I mean after paying I felt that am still had been cheated .. I feel that still could pay less cause I am really beginer in negotiation .. before few years I didnt belive in negotiation as i thought if I liked the price then i will take the thing if not i will search for something cheaper but then I found I can take the same thing for cheaper price then why not !!

Women are better in negtiation isnt it ?

what do you think about the whole thing !!

11 Comments:

Blogger Najah said...

ya my mom is more then good at these things. she will drop rials and rials down and he will be like ZAIN ZAIN mama bus inta shill...

ME, i never do that, I don't know if it is being naive, or being stupid, or being careless, or is it because am lazy! I never negotiate. but i think if i had the skill i would use it everytime and everywhere. saving yourself money is one way to become a millionair :D...

(between i learned new things about cars :D.. thanks to ur post!).

3:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am hopeless in bargaining…I take the thing at the price it is being sold. On my honeymoon I would call my husband to bargain for me since I felt bad for the sales person and would allow myself to reduce the price lol

I need a Bargaining Class 101...any offers?

Btw i think you could have got him to charge you less for the service

8:35 AM  
Blogger Sowhat said...

Najah ok so am not the only one who is bad in negotiation :) and am happy that you learned something about cars best wishes :)

Warda wow i thought am the only one who dont know how to negotiate ( bargain God i was looking for this word yesterday i was saying G G G G but i couldnt remmber the whole word .. ) maybe we should ask one of the old Khaleeji lady to give us class ??

and i know I can pay less :( thats why am feeling bad

10:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sowwwwy..

You made me laugh with the G G G G lol china 3indak lad'3a :p

1:29 PM  
Blogger Sowhat said...

Warda :P yeah i hate when i forget something i keep trying trying to remmber it but never succeded .. I think I need new brain !!

2:23 PM  
Blogger Lym said...

LOL , I cannot negotiate ! If I want it , I take it for the price that is displayed , If I dont want it , tuzzz :P

5:26 PM  
Blogger Najah said...

your blog is awsome, but you need a shout box and a picture. (Sometimes we need to drop a fast hello, u know....) I know i know you are bussssy but it takes 5 minutes only..

10:57 PM  
Blogger Sowhat said...

Kaza so may we need to make an organization LoL of leakycar.org

welcome to my blog :)


Lym so you should be added in Warda class :) wecloem to my blog and thanks for the visit

Najah .. Done !! yeah its less than 5 minute jop but still looking for meaningfull picture .. couldnt find somethign ugly enough :) lol

6:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

3ad i have a class...lol all on my OWN! no one reaches my level lol

ok LYM maybe you can join do you have wasta?

7:16 PM  
Blogger Lym said...

ofcourse , your husband is my wasta ..cousin in law ! :D

2:22 PM  
Blogger b3eed_aldar said...

I agree with you women are better then men .. in reducing prices ..!!


And if there was something wrong with the car .. I have 0% knoweldge about cars .. I tell my dad .. then he'll tell me what to do .. and where shall I go.

5:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home