Sunday, February 05, 2006

Kuwait VS Oman Part II

Hey all ,

My sleeping habit is so messed up .. returning back to be the batman again .. yet no body is sending me the sign ..

Returning back to my topic .. Kuwait VS Oman .. a lot of mental censorship then rewriting happen to this topic .. yet finally I decided to blog it as I think it should be right …

We stopped in the first half time ( that really becoming a football match ) and the result was 1-1 … last goal was scored by Oman so here it goes .. Kuwait re attack …

Restaurants …

Am sure all Omanies got a bad experience about that .. lack of good restaurants ,, sometimes overpriced .. if we count the good-resutrants here in Muscat they will not be more than 20 or maybe less .. as for some one living alone ( like me ) and not much of a cook ( like me also ) that will be really a nightmare .. So restaurants on Oman .. from where should I starts .. well from the beginning I guess …

Small sandwich joints in Muscat .. which is run by Indians have no variety in food yet if you compare to Kuwait they are more expensive .. and less clean .. there still one hundrend fills ( around 130 Bizza ) sandwiches in Kuwait that a three of them will stuff any young adult man ..

CoffeShops .. well wont talk too much about it .. but there are only 4 branches for starbucks , another 4 or 5 for costa and few scattered other brands names .. Muscat could do with more coffeshops .. oh yes and we shouldn’t forget Kargeen which is apart from the not-very-good-service .. a nice place to spend time .. especially in days other than the weekend where it get crowded ..

Fast food .. well after the closure of Burger King , and closure of hardeez ( airport round ) I am left with Macdonald .. Oman is the only country as far I know where fast food chains close because they of bankrupt .. ..

Elegant , international restaurants .. only few .. most of them are in the hotels .. two or three Mexican food restaurants , two Italian ( three if you count Santinos ) few Lebanese restaurants ( Automatic , Beirut ) three or four Chinese food .. and one Japanese restaurant in Sheraton .. yet I never tried it .. but I will give it a visit soon .. the lack of good restaurants some times put us in stressful situation looking for a good restaurant if you want to invite some one either Omani or from Kuwait .. More restaurants with sea-view are needed ..





Clean, neat Country ..

Oman is back to match in no time !!! .. clean country oh yes that what I call Muscat , Oman , I always say to Kuwaitis that in Oman you can sit down with your white dishdasha on the road and your disdasha wont get dirty !! maybe am exaggerating but Oman so far is the most clean country I have ever visit .. when I first came to Oman and been in the university I was shocked to see that they wash the walls of the university with water and soap every week .. but it explain why Muscat is sooo clean .. you can hardly see any tissue in the road .. very clean beaches some of the beaches as a matter fact you feel that you are the first person ever step there yet some of them are heavily used like Qantab and shatti al qurum and that could be explained by two reasons as far as I know .. awareness of the ppl .. the picture of citizen grapping tissue or empty bag and dropping it in dust bin is not strange to see here in Muscat .. the second reason is Muscat municipality is doing great job mashala .. a road like Sultan Qaboos road is planted with roses all along the road .. we are talking here about a 40-50 km road in not very nice weather and in GULF !!! .. and that brings us to talk about the roads again .. there are no gaps in the roads , no cracks ( as far as I know ) and when ever there is something wrong with the asphalt they fix it as soon as possible sometimes in the same day ..


So again the score is 2-2 the referee ( me ) think its s fair result to end the match .. ( yes I end it when ever I want …didn’t you check the new FIFA rules :P )

If they went for penalties they would also score the same …

As Oman got a lot of natural wonderful places to visit ( 3-2 Oman )

Kuwait uses the small natural resources very well ( 3-3 )

Oman weather is much better in the summer than Kuwait … ( 4-3 )

Kuwait winter is much more better ( colder ) than Oman ( I love winter ) ( 4-4 )

Oman is real .. ( 5-4 )

Kuwait is fancy ( 5-5 )

Well for those who asked me what I think about the two countries .. that what I think I don’t think I gave you clear idea about which country I love to settle in .. couse I love them both ..

Tip of the day : Life is chaotic sometimes .. yet if it was simpler .. It will be boring..

5 Comments:

Blogger Najah said...

lol... i like it, but it always turns to be equal in everything at the end of your post. hmm you are a nice musalim person...

2:09 AM  
Blogger NiGhTFaCe said...

Sowhat doesnt want to hurt any of the two sides :p

Talking about finding good places for good food, well I agree,even though it doesnt mean that much to me, the food right now is a need more than a pleasure.

The main locations are clean. But, go deeper into the blocks, some places need for attention!

2:34 AM  
Blogger Lym said...

There is a great Japanese restaurant in Falaj hotel; the best sushi in town :)

3:40 AM  
Blogger Sowhat said...

Najah :) opps thanks alot sis :) i happy that you like it ..


Nightface :) yeah did you notice that bro :)

well for me food is a need too .. but whenever i want to celebrate good food .. will be the choice .. maybe cause am missing home made food ..

LYM thanks for the tip yet the resturant list in Oman didnt mention anything about the resturant



Life Welcome to my blog Bro :) ..good that you are thinking like this walla i like the way you think .. and tottaly agree with you future lies withing the new generation . ..
welcome again to my blog ..

Kuwaitikisses welcome to my blog :) and thanks for the honour :)


Mimi yeah where else we can go totally agree with you .. wo i wont pick a side :P


Kaza not comparabale with your fabulous posts sis :)
wo how cute you feel bad for those ppl .. yeah ifeel bad for them too .. they are doing good job mashala akeed hectic ...

7:46 PM  
Blogger Arabian Princess said...

Excellent post sowhat!! Well, the last time I visited Kuwait was 7 years back so I cant comment on the kuwaiti side, but about Oman I totally agree with you!!

Talking about coffee shops, me and my husband always end up in glacier for one reason, its the only coffee shop with family atmospher .. we need more about those!

Resturant, I didnt know they closed the one in mattar!! but yah, all what we have are fast food. I dont like FF much so I end up with little choice if I want to eat out!
but I dont blame them too, Oman's culture is not so much into eating out.. people prefer home cooked food to resturants, but yah it could help toursim.

Thank you for the post, I losed it :)

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home