Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Knowledge

Finally I will get my phone inshla by Monday .. Thanks to omantel .. it showed me how prescious the phone is by delaying my request for three weeks for nothing ..

I went to qurum yesterday directly to a big cellular phone shop to fix my I-mate ,, the seller there told me to go upstairs where they do their phone services ..I was impressed that its two floor shop any way ..

there was a que so I stand there wating for my turn .. infront of me there was an old man he looks like a bedwi , uneducated 55-60 years old man with a white beard .. he looks nice mashala even thought he is old .,, and even thoguht he looks like an bedwi and uneducated he looks really respectfull his look maybe the way he dress .. but when ever you see this person you respect him you know what I mean right ? anyway when this old man reach to the technician desk he asked about his phone , the technician who was an Omani guy 22-24 years old , and was smiling stupidly with no eye contact that you feel he was smirking at you .. any way the old man asked if he phone was ready with a simple omani words and pure interior accent .. guess what the technician answered him .. he answered with smirk and head down no eye contact and in english " The telephone is as brand new as possible " just imagine the BIG question mark in the old man face !! "What does that mean , is it working now ? " the old man repeated the question .. the technician gave him another smirk said "aywa aywa " which means yeah yeah ,,

the old man left and I was next in the row .. I gave him the phone and told him that it fall from my hand and I couldnt charge it after that .. he said "ok it will cost you 20 R.O to fix it "with BIG SMIRK I was like Like ?!??!? it is not the price but " And Mashala you diagnose the problem even without looking at the phone so broilliant mashalla .. " at this moment he stoppeded his stupid smile and start looking at the phone and said oh this part is broken and they may have to change it ..

but any way I was So angry that I couldnt control my self " So you couldnt do that before telling me it is 20 ?? " and he was like am sorry whatever ..

it was not the money issue here actually i thought i will pay around 50 rial to fix it so 20 was brilliant price .. but it was the way he said it .. so i think it is another customer service topic .. you can find an interesting one in warda Blog

and it is not only the customer servace whenever you want to talk you have to rspect the educational level of the listener ...


Tip of the day:if you think your knowlegeable there is always some one who would know more than you <--- corrected by warda .. thanks :P

4 Comments:

Blogger Lym said...

I liked this entry...
Good on the salesman , you should have called the manager to tell him what you witnessed with the old 7aboob man . :P . Some people they could disprect you because of the way you look .
Don't they know that looks can be deceiving.

6:15 PM  
Blogger Lym said...

they = think *

6:17 PM  
Blogger Sowhat said...

yeah even a look could be deceiving I agree with this .. but this man rudness was even beyond that ..

1:23 PM  
Blogger Namika said...

I wonder how people like that could get work in first place.. don't they interview them? the way he dealt with the old man was just wrong..

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home