Monday, September 26, 2005

Self Satisfacting and expectation !!!

Hey all ..

Boring topic isn’t it ?

Well I was thinking about it for awhile now so I thought why don’t I share it with you guys …

Self-satisfaction .. for me it is when you feel satisfied about what your doing , tired maybe … exhausted maybe but your satisfied .. but how do you reach it is the difficulty ..

The more complicated we are the more it is difficult to reach satisfaction . I think this is a fact One day it maybe called Sowhat law of : ) .. and the more self expectation we have the more the satisfaction become a dream … so basically and theoretically it could be easy .. lower your expectation in life and you will be satisfied easily isn’t it ? amean believe in your capabilities and know what you are capable to do and what you are not .. and you will be satisfied .. but is it easy like this ? no I don’t think so .. as your ego will picture for you that you are capable of doing any thing .. and later you will face the bitter reality that you –simply- cant do it ..

How to achieve your goals in life .. my answer ,, and it is my answer here .. you need to be smart ..

And that will lead us to another point .. when to say about some one that he/she is smart!! .. some will say you need to be brilliant .. clever with a high IQ .. actually I don’t believe in this .. many were considered as geniuses with very high IQ level end up as a criminal and I don’t call them smart ppl ..

For me smart person is the one who know his capabilities and know how to use them probably .. if he is a low IQ person … he would know that and compensate it by extra work .. and if he is a genius he will try to understand it , and work on it seriously not just skimming it … do you agree in that ?.. amean it is like the rabbit and the turtle when they enter a race .. the turtle won not because she was fast !!! no because of the rabbit was over confidence .. and because the turtle was a hard worker ..

For me as a college student .. I see those different varieties clearly .. I know student who just read the page for only once… and memorize every bit of it and they are good students .. but I know also a students who are spending an hour in the same page and getting the same result .. those student ( for me ) are more respectable .. yet their capabilities are low .. but they knew it and they are trying to compensate ..

Returning back to self satisfaction ( don’t worry it will end soon :P )

How ever some fields are difficult to achieve a self satisfaction unless you really believe in what you are doing .. I recall when I worked with the Oncology team ( the team which is specialized in treating cancers and tumors ) my self satisfaction dropped significantly .. cause my patients were dying in front of my eyes and I can do nothing !!! yet we are trying to relieve pain here and there yet we are trying to modify the disease but the prognosis is not good in a lot of patients .. That is not because of the bad doctors .. no it is because we don’t have screening program in this country .. and sometimes because of lack of patient education .. in this field it is difficult to be satisfied .. no matter how hard worker you are .. no matter how brilliant you are … cause some times you have nothing to do except… watching your patient dying in front of your eyes .. however some body have to do the job and some of them – believe it or not – are satisfied about what they are doing … those are great doctors who lost their weakness still hold their sympathy and empathy for their patients ..

I think I talked a lot today so see yaa soon


Tip of the day : it is easy to criticize ppl .. but that doesn’t mean you can do better than them if you are in the same situation .. in another word criticizing the creation is easy .. but creation it self ..is really difficult ..

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

*Applaud applaud*

Realizing ones own potential is a step in the right direction of self-discovery, yet the theory can be misrepresented since we are human and are motivated by material satisfaction.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Lym said...

I don't think I will ever be satisfied. I lack the motivation and yet my self-expectation is out-of-reach at this point , because I am not doing much to achieve it.

5:50 PM  
Blogger Lym said...

Hmm , I forgot to add , that I always want more. I guess no self-satisfaction for moi :S

5:50 PM  
Blogger Mother Courage said...

i am never ever satisfied with anything i achieve !!

whats my problem ?!

11:28 AM  
Blogger Sowhat said...

Benson welcome to my blong :) and i am happy that you liked what i wrote :)

wardat al khaleej veery true ..


Lym .. well most geniuses are like this :)

Kaza i thought so too :) no body s satisfied aout him/her self ..

Mother courage , well this is the normal think .. well actually it should be abnomal but since the majority since that then it is the normal ..

Kaza .. you are teasing my blog visitors !! :)

1:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home