Monday, October 03, 2005

Memories

Hey all ,

I feel like I want to update : )

If you noticed I am posting this at 2 am .. so again and again I got this sleeping problem .. I really need to sleep ..

Today I went to Sultan Center I saw all those ppl buying every thing to get ready for Ramadan and I got this thought am I Blessed for living alone or am I missing the whole thing .. Well if I want to think optimistically I would say am blessed .. cause I cant change the situation any way .. back in Kuwait when I was there .. I was taking the list from my mom and start buying everything they need ,, and always call before you come back cause we may remember that we didn’t add everything in the list .. it was a nice days .. .

I remember when I was child mom was sending me to buy bread before Iftar from the nearby Baker ,, I remember now all those walks .. I was enjoying them .. we were going in groups as all of my friends were sent for the same purpose .. a lot of chatting and after Iftar plans .. some times we used bicycles but most of the time it was walking .. when we were younger we played with those tiny small glass balls do you recall them? yet I don’t know what they call them in English, they call it “Teela” in our Kuwaiti accent ..

I remember returning back home with the bread , handing it to mom telling her about my childish victories in the glass balls , waiting for iftar and watching the TV .. I don’t know this memory always accompanied by the music of before iftar lesson from Sha3rawy .. it is very famous I think you do remember it ..

Yet those days are gone.. drivers are doing the job , no children are sent for bread any more .. children stay in front of the TV trying to watch all those series which is presented exclusively by different channels .. yet we got only two channels back then … Alola and al thania for the English programs .. yet the life was more interesting back then or is it because we are not children anymore? I think I will never know ..

In Ramadan we were allowed to stay late , watching TV , waiting For Sohor , we are not from the kind that sleep then wake up for eating .. no we eat it as a late dinner that’s all ..

I remember when I was school student in the primary school and how we were proud that we were fasting .. and teasing each other that you are lying and not fasting .. “Show me your Tounge “ you would be asked frequently to show it as a prove that you didn’t drink any water .. and your tongue is as dry as a wood : ) it was the only measure to know the truth .. as we didn’t have polygraph back then :P .. it was simple days .. yet it was wonderful ..

Is it Ramadan that is changed or is it us ? or is it that we are older now ? if that so . do children feel the same ? do they enjoy it as we did ? I really hope so ..


I will post more about Ramadan inshala : ) soon ..

See ya

Tip of the Day : Memories are Black and White images … they are either too good or too bad to forget ..

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ramadan Kareem yubba

The name your looking for "Teela" is marbles :)

9:04 AM  
Blogger Lym said...

Even with my generation , I admit we weren't sent to the convenient store for anything but usually we would gather in a relatives house and the fathers would be outside playing cards. The mothers inside chatting and gossiping. The kids running around the house playing basketball or hide and seek. The teenagers were playing football in the local football ground.
This all would be taking place at around 1 to 3 am. The best days ever...As my family grew old and more religious , we stopped. It is a shame.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Sowhat said...

Warda Aaaaaaaaaaaagh Marbles Yeeeeeeeees Marbels god i was trying hard yesterdy :(

any way :) Ramadan Kareem to you too ..

LYM yeah i know exactly what you feel .. Ramadan Karem to you sis :)

2:48 PM  
Blogger Najah said...

ooo this is good memories, brought some of mine as well... We call those glassy balls "Lulu" and eeeh i remember well how much we used to play it, i know its more boyish but i was. and we used to collect who has the moest...etc etc..

ooof ooof nice memories.. There are new things going with the new generation and am pretty sure when they grow older they will be telling the coming generation how sad their ramadha as welll as eid is. and hence the story keeps repeating itself again and again :).

2:33 PM  
Blogger Sowhat said...

Najah : well the problem thati cantsee that they are enjoying them self !!!


Kaza : thanks alot and i will inshala soon ..

Ms.Milk welcome to my Blog :)

i know what you are talkign about i love techno too ... but do you think they are enjoying ramadan as much as we did !! :)

2:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home