Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Question??


Hey All ?

You know I was thinking of something since I start bloging... Thought about writing an entry about it...why we install all those counters which count the number of visitors to our blogs ??

You know when I visit other blogs its s I always lok for ?what type of counter they are using ?? I find this type of counter or that type of counter but there is always a counter.. Why we do this? Are we really interested about who is checking our blog and when and how much or is it because we are statistic freak!!

Some do claim they are not interested about how many checking their blog .. Some do claim they are not even interested if some one comment in their blog !! If it is like so why you blog ? I mean if you think you are not interested why don t you open your Microsoft word or whatsoever and start writing what ever you want to write there?

For me Yes I love statistics and they always call me statistic freak ( < ----and you are happy about that !! ) I like to count everything infront of me and I would love to have statistic about everything it gives you clue and you feel powerful when you read the statistics : ) < --- (FREAK!!!) Regarding Comments?? Do I like them?? Oh yes!! I mean who doesn?t? Don?t you become happy when some one comment in your blog !! Or some one link you in his/her blog !! What about you ? Do you like to know who is visiting your blog and what does she/he thinks about your blog or you are just not interested!! Posted by Hello

Tip of the day : Dont wonder alot about some one visiting you from no-body-know country he/she could be from Oman and using a proxy :)

7 Comments:

Blogger Enigma said...

Hi :)

Well, I recently have implemented this counter in my blog not because I'm freak, as you kindly suggested :P, and not because I'm interested in statistics as well. Allow me to mention why:

1. Showing the number of most visitors to my blog was more like my-saying-thank-you to them.

2. It's always nice to know who read you and where. I was honored honestly and really happy to know I have some readers from eastern Asia and some from America. It makes u have 'wow.. My message reached' kind of feeling. You know what I mean? :)

anyway, nice entry. Keep it up.

1:41 AM  
Blogger Sowhat said...

Engima :)
"Showing the number of most visitors to my blog was more like my-saying-thank-you to them "

I would say Wow to this idea :) it is really nice one .. and i do agree with you :) looks like am the only one who is statistic freak :) wont that make me special :P ? ??

thanks for the comment :)

3:43 AM  
Blogger Enigma said...

My pleasure :))

Just a Q if you don't mind, why don't you try it and see how it will go? If didn't like it, you can always take it out. Just a suggestion =)

10:08 AM  
Blogger Najah said...

I dont have one :( but I JUST LOVE peoples Comments, Motivates me to write and interact. I hate communicating with myself yet sometimes some comments on some blogs just hurts (those useless souls).

Keep on Countin g :D

10:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

comment

2:50 PM  
Blogger Sameer Bhat said...

hey, mate. It sounds interesting. Putting up a counter. How can I do it. Lemme know, Can visit me on
sameerbhat.blogspot.com

3:48 PM  
Blogger Lym said...

hahaha , I am not interested in a counter , I feel like its a form of "show-off" . Don't know why ?

I know that it makes the blog owner happy and all but it's not for me.

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home